Thursday, January 28, 2010

YUMMY Oatmeal Pancakes!

I made some pancakes for my brood this morning and they were fantastic! My husband said he was still thinking about them after breakfast, my 3-year old ate 3 of them, and my 2-year old... well, she's just not a 'breakfast person'. Here's the recipe:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk*
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

*I didn't have any buttermilk in the house so I used regular milk.

1) Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.

2) Heat a pan or griddle and cook pancakes as usual! Yields approx. 8 servings.

You won't be disappointed. These were soooo yummy.

1 comment: